We can’t hide that we’re obsessed with Pantone – every time it crowns the colour of the year, manufacturers are sent into a flurry of creating products in a similar shade. The global colour authority has picked a spring shade for this year’s colour of the year, naming Greenery the official hue of 2017. Compared to 2016’s choices of Rose Quartz and Serenity, it’s much livelier and is best described as a “yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring.”
The colour of the year is picked based on what is taking place in the global culture, and serves as an expression or reflection of the sentiments or attitudes of the people. Greenery is a colour symbolic of new beginnings – when nature shakes off the browns and greys of autumn and winter, and revives, restores and renews. In other words, if 2016 was bad, 2017 will be a brand new chapter of good beginnings if you just take a deep breath and be one with nature.
While some might find that green isn’t a colour they are ready to incorporate into their wardrobe, the psychology of colour does not necessarily require you to wear it to feel the effects of the colour. We can simply bring green into our environment by putting it in our houses or near our desks.
Here are 14 products that will (hopefully) help you find your chill as we enter into the new year.
Clockwise from the top:
1. Fjällraven Re-Kånken – €89.00
2. Maison Margiela Fur Coat – $4988
3. Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream 50ml – $34
4. kai ‘Nightlight’ Fragrance Candle – $40
5. Gray Malin Central Park iPhone 7 case – $49
6. Kitchenaid Stand Mixer – $360
7. Gianvito Rossi Satin Slide Sandals – $575
8. butter London Nail Lacquer – $10
9. Beauty Blender (Micro Mini) – $18
10. Ray-Ban Clubround Sunglasses – $185
11. Sephora Collection Green Tea Eye Mask – $3
12. Chanel Chance Eau de Toilette Spray – $125
13. Aēsop Geranium Leaf Body Balm 120ml – $49
14. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – $17.30