There have been plenty of “hacks” going around the internet on alternative ways to get to JB to skip the jam, but did you know that you can even take a Grab Bus to JB from just $3? This TikToker reveals a new “hack” that you may not have heard of, by booking a Grab Bus from just $3 per person for a comfortable and fuss-free journey across the border:
The Grab Bus to JB offers more convenience, with plenty of seats on board and multiple pick-up points in Singapore: like Expo, Marsiling, Woodlands, Outram Park and more, as well as pick-ups from both Singapore and JB customs. This is a great option for those who live far away from the Woodlands customs, by taking the Grab Bus, you don’t have to travel the extra distance to the SG checkpoint. Prices are also pretty affordable, with one-way trips starting from just $3 up to $11 per passenger, depending on your pick-up point.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to book a Grab Bus to JB via the Grab App:
- Click on “More” at the Grab homepage.
- Select the option for “Bus & Ferry”.
- Enter “JB CIQ Checkpoint” as your destination.
- Select a bus terminal that’s convenient for you.
- Pick your desired date and time, as well as the no. of pax you’re booking for.
- Enter your details and make payment on the app to confirm your booking!
Do note that taking the Grab Bus to JB doesn’t mean shorter queues at JB customs. You’ll still have to disembark from the bus to clear customs at both the SG and JB side. But the good news is that the bus will wait for you while you’re clearing customs (15 minutes for non-peak hours, and 20 minutes for peak hours).